Sunday, August 8, 2010

It Begins

Football is back!   And so am I.

Another football season is upon us.  Tailgates, food, friends, and of course, lots of disappointment.  It wouldn't be football season without it.  This year I will continue my self torture of Aggie games on Saturday followed by a Texans debacle on Sunday.  Why is it that I look forward to this time of year?  Well, it's like pizza.  Bad pizza isn't great, but it's still pizza nonetheless. 

Football is insanely emotional for me.   I'm laid back in many areas of my life but nothing erupts a volcano of emotion than this silly little game.  Not sure what I mean?  Well....last year at a Monday night football game I found it perfectly acceptable to yell out, "rip his bleepin' head off" during a play where Vince Young ran for a first down against my beloved Texans.  I'm telling you, it's insane.  (I think it goes w/out saying, Un-Christlike as well)

So I thought it would be fun to document the emotional cycle of the 2010 football season.  I promise to have no more profanities polluting the innocent minds around me.  Hopefully my Monday morning confessions will be more brief this year. 

Let the craziness begin.